Want to work for HDR | CEI? Great. We'd love to hear from you. But you should know that we're very selective. We only hire people with a rare mixture of ingredients. To make the cut you must be exceptional at your job, passionate about what you do, and a team player to the max. The good news is that if you make the cut, you get to be part of a fun team of hard working people who love what we do. Take a peek at our Culture page to see what we're all about.
Check out our current openings below. If you don't find what you're looking for, don't despair, we're always looking for top talent. Send your resume to Lori-Ann Wilson at Lori-Ann.Wilson@hdrinc.com.
We're on the hunt for:
HDR | CEI Architecture is an award-winning design firm that provides exceptional service for clients in education, recreation, healthcare, and real estate, with a focus on innovative and sustainable design. HDR | CEI delivers projects that make difference in the communities where we live and work. We are currently on the hunt for 2 Intermediate level Technologists to join our Vancouver location.
Working with the Project Manager, the intermediate level technologist assists in the development of details and the preparation of contract documents. The successful candidate will be an innovative, energetic and solutions-based thinker with excellent organization and technical skills.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Diploma or degree in Architectural/Building Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 4+ years of experience in the Architectural Industry.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit and other necessary graphic applications.
- Proven working knowledge of local building bylaws, building codes, building materials and building science.
- Able to interpret conceptual sketches and generate detailed technical drawings based on building science concepts and systems.
- A proven team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who works well with others in accomplishing objectives.
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively with team members to facilitate the production of all contract documents, specifically drawing and specifications.
- Problem solve technical detailing in order to maintain the integrity of the design conceived during the schematic design phase.
- Understand consultant drawings and coordinate drawings between multiple disciplines.
- Assist in the review of shop drawings and assist in the administration of the contract (e.g. research and respond to Request for Information (RFI’s), change orders, site instructions, etc.) with efficiency and accuracy.
Email your resume to Lori-Ann Wilson @ Lori-Ann.Wilson@hdrinc.com, and let us know why you’re the right person for the job.