980 Howe Street‹ Back
Fourteen storeys of sustainable office space.
Manulife Financial Tower is a new office development at 980 Howe Street in Vancouver’s Central Business District. The location is adjacent to Vancouver’s Downtown entertainment district (Granville Street Mall), and within three blocks of the City Centre Canada Line station which provides a direct transit link to Vancouver International Airport.
The project, with Endall Elliot Associates, will include 14 storeys of office space over a street level podium that contains prime storefront retail space and building services. The commercial office component will provide large floor plate rental opportunities. Floor plate areas range from 15,160 to 16,611 square feet.
Building amenities include a double height entrance lobby with marble, granite, and wood finishes, nine foot office ceilings, floor to ceiling glazing on the exterior walls of all office floors, and a penthouse shared meeting room on the 16th floor, complete with roof terraces. Floor-to-floor glass will incorporate high performance glazing in conjunction with high efficiency mechanical heating and cooling system and electrical systems.
Manulife Financial Tower will bring a modern and distinctive identifiable tower in Vancouver’s business core.
268,908 sq ft
- Chilled water pumps and heating pumps will have variable speed drives with modulating valves
- Outdoor air system will be controlled by CO2 sensors and will increase and reduce the outdoor air requirements based on CO2 requirements
- There will be 85% filtration efficiency of the air stream
- Condensing gas boilers will be up to 97% efficient (17% beyond the minimum code requirements
- High efficient centrifugal chillers with a minimum COP of 7.0 compared to code requirements of 4.9
- Lighting power density will be 0.5W/sq ft compared to the minimum requirements of 1.1W/sq ft for office areas
- Office lighting will be controlled by occupancy sensors
- Water for irrigation will be gathered by rainwater harvesting
- Low flow plumbing fixtures will be installed throughout
Manulife Financial Group
Office & Commercial, Sustainable