Mulgrave Senior School Addition: First Development Project‹ Back
Designed for 21st Century learning.
Mulgrave School is a West Vancouver independent school that provides education following the International Baccalaureate programme to students from pre-kindergarten to grade 12.
CEI Architecture completed the Master Plan for the phased development of a Senior School addition to Mulgrave School, and we are now designing the new facility. The initial stage is the First Development Project Senior School Addition.
At approximately 40,000 square feet, the Senior School will include ten classrooms, advanced film studio, seniors’ study centre, administrative space, and a new cafeteria.
An intensive green roof provides space for outdoor classrooms, a weather station, an astronomical observation area, and garden plots that will be used for biology classes. An underground parking structure below the main arrival plaza will provide much needed additional parking.
40,000 sq ft
- Building designed to help thermal performance, weather protection, indoor air quality and utility use
- Passive ventilation promotes natural flow of air without the use of mechanical equipment
- Natural daylighting and occupancy light sensors
- Stormwater retention and reuse for irrigation
- Solar thermal panels for preheating hot water
- Living green wall
Mulgrave Independent School Society
West Vancouver, B.C.